In our community are those who need your Zakat
Muslims Implementing Zakat Associated Network
MUSLIMS IMPLEMENTING ZAKAT
Associated Network Inc.
MIZAN is a not-for-profit registered charitable organization founded to help with the collection and distribution of Zakat donations throughout Canada.
If you are in need of assistance, MIZAN may be able to help. Please fill out the Assistance Application Form to find out more.
MIZAN relies solely on volunteerrs to helps with local collection and distribution of zakat to help those in need.
To provide an Islamic avenue solely dedicated to the collection and distribution of Zakat locally.
- Help relieve poverty and hunger within the local communities, here in the Greater Toronto Area and across Canada
- Work with other common cause registered Canadian charities to help maintain human dignity
- Establish and maintain a fully accountable, transparent and balanced approach to receiving and distributing charitable contributions that are strictly in keeping with the Islamic guidelines for the ordained charity (zakat)
- Provide a service in keeping with the sole mandate to manage zakat effectively within Canada
- Operate under applicable jurisdictional laws, rules and regulations while applying sound accounting practices and efficient operations
Stories of People We’ve Helped
Asma, a widower who is vision and hearing impaired, came to Canada as a refugee with the aid of the United Nations. Asma came with her two children after enduring torture for a number of years. MIZAN stepped in to help her and the children. As a result Asma and the children are now settled in a nice community. The family is now well connected with the community and MIZAN has filled their basic needs.
Rana came with her family consisting of her husband and 3 children as landed immigrants. Her husband started working as a security guard with an income that can barely make ends meet. Rana is unable to work as one of her children is autistic and the other has health problems. MIZAN helps by easing some of the financial burden they are carrying.
Salwa is a single mother with 3 children and carries refugee status. The eldest is 6 years old and youngest 4 months old. Even though she receives help from the government, our food cards is helping to buy basic needs for her baby.
Ibrahim & Salma are a middle aged couple with health problems who came from a war stricken country, with no income. They came with some savings but it is not enough to cover their living and medical costs. MIZAN is helping them to buy their needed medication.
Wealth is only measured by the good one does in this world. Your generous donations allow us to help the poor and the needy in Canada.